Trademark Registration in UK
TRADEMARKS FILLING REQUIREMENTS
1) Registrable Trade Mark
- A distinctive logo, sign, names, symbols, letters, words, signatures, numerals, devices, brands, labels, shapes, colours and sound.
- Series Mark – Allowed
- Multiple classes – Allowed
- 3D Mark - Allowed
- Filing international registration under Madrid Agreement – Allowed
2) Application Particulars
- Name, Nationality and Address of the Applicant
- Status of Applicant i.e. company or individual
- A clear representation of the trade mark (in JPEG or PDF)
- Specification of the Goods/Services and Class (No Limitation on the number of specification of goods/services)
3) Required Forms
4) Publication Period
5) Extension of time for responding to Office Action
Allowed with cost
6) Registration Protection Period
10 years from filing date
Renewable for successive period of 10 years. Renewal fees must be paid before the expiry date but not more than 6 months prior the expiry. Late renewals are available up to 6 months after expiry date with payment of late fees.
8) Time frame for Registration
6 – 8 months
9) Where Priority is claimed
Certified copy of the Priority Document. If the document is not in English, please provide a translation of the same.