Trademark Registration in Laos
Documents Required To File Trademark Registration In Laos:
- A JPEG or PDF format of the name, letters, word, numerals or combination of colors etc.,
- Exact mention of the trademark class that the product/service belongs to (multiple class selection permissible)
- Name, address, and nationality of the person applying for trademark registration in Laos
- A bilingual notarized power of attorney
Procedure for Trademark Registration In Laos:
Trademark Search In Laos
Initially, a trademark search In Laos will be performed to check availability and the possibility of registering the trademark
Trademark Filing In Laos
- Your application for trademark registration in Laos will be filed at the Laos Trademark Registry. If no objection is raised, you will receive a Notice of Acceptance from the Registry.
- On the contrary, if issued with a trademark objection in Laos stating the reasons for objection, you need to address the objections with supporting documents within the stipulated time.
- Upon receiving the Notice of Acceptance from the Registry, your trademark will be published in the Government Gazette of Laos. If no opposition is raised within the deadline period, you will be issued with the trademark registration of Laos certificate.
- On contrary, if opposed by any third party, you will need to come up with grounds to claim the trademark. The trademark will then be registered based on the outcome of the proceedings.
On the whole, it would take nearly 12 months for the trademark application to get registered in Laos.