Trademark Registration in Indonesia
Documents Required For Trademark Registration In Indonesia
- Software copy of the brand name, label, logo, etc., (the sign obtained after checking availability through Indonesia trademark search)
- Clear mention of class the product/service belongs to
- Name and address of the applicant
- Declaration of ownership over the goods/service for which the trademark is applied for
- Power of Attorney
Trademark Registration Procedure
A formal examination will be performed to check the authenticity of the information and payment of prescribed fees for trademark registration in Indonesia. All trademarks that pass an initial formality examination will proceed directly to publication.
Trademark Publication And Opposition
The application will then be moved to the publication process, wherein the trademark will be advertised in the Gazette for a period of 2 months for any opposition.
- Your application for trademark registration in Indonesia will be checked for legal compliances. If all requirements are met, you will be given an acceptance letter else will be issued with a trademark objection in Indonesia mentioning the grounds of objection.
- Upon receiving trademark objection, you need to submit supporting documents to clear the objection.
If there is no objection at the substantive examination stage or once the objection is overcome, your trademark will be entered in the trademark register and you will be issued with a certificate of registration.