Trademark Registration in Brunei
Documents Required For Trademark Registration In Brunei
- A software (JPEG or PDF) copy of brand name, label, logo, letters, numerals, words, shapes, words, colors and signature
- Proper description of claim of colors or combination of colors stated in the trademark
- Clear specification of trademark class (multiple classes is permissible)
- Name, registered address and nationality of the applicant
- Duly signed Power of Attorney (can be filed within 60 days from the date of filing)
- Filing international registration under Madrid Agreement is also permissible
Procedure for Brunei Trademark Registration:
- Brunei Trademark Search
A trademark search will be initiated to check the availability of the trademark in Brunei.
- Brunei Trademark Filing
a) Trademark application will be filed at the Brunei Trademark Registry and if no objection, a Notice of Acceptance will be issued from the Brunei Registry.
b) On the contrary, if offered with a trademark objection in Brunei, you will need to address the objections raised within the deadline time.
- Brunei Trademark Publication
a) After receiving the Notice of Acceptance from the Brunei Registry, your trademark will be published in the Government Gazette. If no opposition is raised within the stipulated period, you will be issued with the trademark registration in Brunei certificate.
b) Contrarily, if your trademark is opposed by any third party, you will need to come up with evidence to claim the trademark over the opposition. The trademark will then be registered based on the outcome of the opposition proceedings.
On the whole, it would take about 18 months for the trademark application to get registered in Brunei.