Trademark Registration in Philippines
Documents Required For Trademark Registration In Philippines
Procedure for Philippines Trademark Registration:
- A software (JPEG or PDF) copy of brand name, label, logo etc
- Proper specification of trademark class (multiple classes is permissible)
- Name, registered address and nationality of the applicant
- Duly signed Power of Attorney (can be filed within 60 days from the date of filing)
- Philippines Trademark Search
A trademark search will be initiated to check the availability and possibility to register the mark in Philippines.
- Philippines Trademark Filing
a) Trademark application will be filed at the Philippines Trademark Registry and if no objection, a Notice of Acceptance will be issued from the Registry.
b) On the contrary, if backlashed with a trademark objection in Philippines, you will need to address the objections raised within the stipulated time.
- Philippines Trademark Publication
a) After receiving the Notice of Acceptance from the Registry, your trademark will be published in the Government Gazette. If no opposition is raised within the stipulated period, you will be issued with the trademark registration certificate.
b) Contrarily, if opposed, you will need to come up with evidence to claim the trademark over the opposition. The trademark will then be registered based on the outcome of the opposition proceedings.
On the whole, it would take nearly 12 – 15 months for a smooth trademark application to get registered.